February 11, 2016
Arbitrating Small Commercial Disputes
Small and medium size businesses can’t afford to litigate in Court. Arbitration presents an opportunity to deal with small business disputes fast and cost-effectively.
If you want to set yourself apart from the crowd by offering clients representation in a system that works, agree to arbitrate small commercial disputes.
By the end of the evening, we’ll have gone over everything you need to know to competently represent a client before an arbitral tribunal.
March 24, 2016 from 6 pm to 9 pm at the Novotel North York (3 Park Home Ave, Toronto).
Topics to be covered:
– Why arbitrate small commercial disputes?
– Arbitration agreements
– All you need to know to represent a client in an arbitration
– An overview of Ontario’s Arbitration Act, 1991
– Simple rules to arbitrate by
– What happens at an arbitration hearing?
– International expedited arbitration
– Paralegals and arbitration
– Arbitrating legal fee disputes
– Arbitration ethics
– Enforcing arbitration awards
– The future of small commercial arbitration in Ontario